Note: This page will not be regularly updated and is, in fact, currently outdated. The lists do not account for skill levels which were added in a recent update.
Ranking mercenaries is very subjective -- some mercs are terrible when alone, but amazing when in the right team. Please don't refer to this list as a strict guideline as to who you should use. Even if you throw the top 5 together, it doesn't mean you have a great team.
Just because someone is ranked lower than another, it does not mean the mercenary has no place in a team.
Mercenaries are ranked based on the following criteria:
- Stats and skills
- Usefulness (heals, damage, utility, etc.)
- Unreleased mercenaries are not ranked, since we don't have enough information on them.
- In most cases, only the final form of a mercenary evolution chain will be ranked.
- You can switch between tabs by clicking on them.
- If available, you can click on [Expand] to see some reasoning as to why a mercenary is in the place that it is.
- In every tab aside from the Overall tab, mercenaries are ranked by the order they appear.
- Example: Steam Sympagis is ranked highest in the Defender category.
All mercenaries in each tier listed below are considered equal and are listed in alphabetical order (except in the Moco tier).
- 6-star Tier
- "Pick Me!!" Tier
- "Stuck Inbetween" Tier
- "Almost There" Tier
- "Meh" Tier
- "Wishful Thinking" Tier
- Veteran Tier
- Aside from HP, DEF, and MOV, stats are higher than Gate Ell's.
- HP is lower by 148, DEF by 76, and MOV by 77.
- SP is higher by 44, STR by 93, INT by 35, and AGI by 137.
- Berserker Soul and Attack Stance increases Jin Bliss' already-high STR even more, and Vritra's Eye increases the chance of dealing critical damage.
- Max Impact ignores DEF and affects one row of enemies, and deals additional damage if the target(s) is/are bleeding.
- In comparison, Gate Ell's Gugnire does more damage, but does not ignore DEF. Gugnire also costs 20 SP more than Max Impact.
- Ranked above Master Crow and Wild Harley because of Vritra's Eye and potential damage output.
- Stats aren't that great.
- Main purpose is to be used as an evolution material, but stats and skills aren't that bad.
- Great stats.
- Steam Sympagis' skills are great for a main tank.
- Valkyries Protect provides additional DEF to all party members.
- Steam Shock provides damage and CC.
- Will to Survive further augments Steam Sympagis' DEF.
- Provoke draws attention away and works great with Blood Promise.
- Even when he dies, Steam Sympagis is useful!
- Blood Promise activates every time he dies, so pairing him with a Resurrection-user isn't a bad idea.
- Nice CC and damage, but not an amazing skill-set for a tank.
- Good as an off-tank.
- Ranked high due to the party DEF buff.
- No skills to draw aggro or block attacks.
- Don't use Luke Blitz if you plan to play with A.I. mode without a healer or two.
- Ranking can be interchanged with Maeve, Lizard Master, and Ogre King depending on what you're looking for.
- Originally a 6-star mercenary in the Korean version.
- Stats were probably adjusted to match other 5-star mercenaries in our version.
- Good skill-set.
- No actual skills for tanking.
- Low stats.
- Rank is interchangeable with Deva depending on what you're looking for.
- Very diverse skill-set.
- Blaze deals damage to one row of enemies and reduces their ATK -- could be treated as an artificial DEF boost.
- Arc of Ares increases the ATK of all allies and will help a team of powerhouses steam-roll opponents in both PVE and PVP.
- Strike Shield could save Yuria Blaze from being stunned or silenced.
- Attack Stance helps Yuria Blaze synergize more with attackers.
- Rank is interchangeable with Yuria Blaze depending on what you're looking for.
- Deva's skill-set makes for a great main healer.
- Ranking interchangeable with Tethys depending on play-style.
- If an aggressive play-style is preferred, Tethys may be the better choice.
- If room for two healers is available on your team, pairing Oberon with another healer isn't a bad idea, since Oberon would benefit from Recovery Stance.
- Sylph Prayer carries a low cost of 30 SP.
- Resurrection is very useful in PVP.
- Main purpose is to be used as an evolution material.
- Decent stats and skills if you want to use her as a healer.
- Here is a haiku:
- Please don't use this as your main.
- Ranked highest due to her survivability and skills.
- Good HP and DEF for a supporter, and oddly-high STR in exchange for INT.
- Siren's Call can be crippling in PVP when used against healer-heavy teams.
- Will to Survive further increases Lovely Ariette's DEF.
- Since most teams incorporate an attacker-type into it, Lovely Ariette will benefit from Attack Stance.
- Rank is interchangeable with Kaine Zenon.
- Ranked above Dark Lord due to CC.
- Rose Weep damages one row of enemies and has a chance to stun those hit by it.
- Both Star Dust and Rose Weep deal a fair amount of damage, and Fighting Will pushes this further.
- Strike Shield helps prevent status afflictions, allowing Belita Rose to continue trucking on.
- Good stats, lackluster skills.
- Ranked above Mother M mainly due to how diverse Black Lucia is.
- Heavy single-target attack, party heal, and party crit buff are all very useful in a team.
- Gaia Blessing paired with Recovery Stance means you could replace the need for a healer with Black Lucia and increase your damage output.
- Aside from HP, stats are amazing -- she boasts extremely high INT, increasing the effectiveness of her heal and the damage of Star Dust.
- Her health is pretty abysmal for a 6-star mercenary, though.
- Good skillset: party MOV buff, row poison, single-target stun, and an effect on death.
- Useful for beginners and at a low cost.
- Low stats in comparison to higher-ranked mercenaries.